- Unique Layered Acne Peel
- Rapidly improves Acne
- Reduces Breakouts
- Reduces Acne Scarring
- Quick Results no downtime
30 minutes time
No. of treatments
No real downtime
Rapid control of Acne
£60.00 per session
About The Treatment
Why have Agera RX Acne Peel?
- The Agera Peel is a tailored, Prescriptive & Specialist Programme to rapidly improve acne skin.
- This Medical Formula is a revolutionary method for treating Acne with a combination of skin peels & advanced skin care products.
- The peel consists of a combination of AHA’s and BHA’s (Salicylic and L-ascorbic acids).
- This system has been clinically proven to dramatically reduce bacteria, blocked pores & skin discolorations’ associated with acne.
- The unique peels are non-irritating and cause no downtime from skin shedding or redness.
- The peels work from inside the skin and do not disturb the stratum corneum layer.
Results from Agera RX Acne Peel
- Targets the causes of Acne inflammation and helps reduce and control blocked pores and bacteria.
- Rapid control of Acne symptoms and prevention of future scarring.
- Evens out skin discolouration associated with Acne.
How our peel works?
- The Peel uses AHA’s and BHA’s to provide significant results by reducing bacterial and preventing new acne eruptions.
- The Pro C Peel – L’ Ascorbic Acid, reduces inflammation, reduces bacteria, reduces erythema. It has a significant sterilizing, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory properties. These properties act on reducing the cystic sites and help to reduce further bacterial outbreaks.
- The Salicylic content within the SLC Peels has a strong keratolytic effect on the skin, reducing underlying congestion and renewing sluggish compacted skin cells.
- The formulations in the peel use highly active peptides to eliminate bacterial causes of acne while stimulating collagen and elastin without irritation.
Before & Afters
How does Agera RX Acne Peel work?
- Uses highly active peptides and nanotechnology to drastically bring acne under control while stimulating collagen and elastin without irritation.
- The ingredients in the peel are deeply penetrating, they have the potential to reach the reticular dermis but are not associated with any downtime or discomfort.
- A series of Vitamin C, AHA’s (Alpha hydroxy acids), BHA’s (beta hydroxy acids) and PHA (Polyhydroxy acids) are used in combination with increasing strengths over a 2-3 month period.
Who is suitable for the Treatment?
- The treatment is suitable for anyone with mild to moderate Acne. This is a very safe peel without any downtime or shedding of the skin, therefore the most sensitive skins would be suitable for the treatment.
Who is not suitable for the Treatment?
- Allergy to Salicylic/Aspirin
- Active herpes or cold sores
- Allergic to any one of the listed ingredients
- If facial waxing, epilight or depilatory creams used within the last 48 hours
- Roaccutane (refrain for 6 months)
- Any pre-existing connective tissue diseases
- Prior to the treatment, you must first undergo a consultation where details about your medical history are obtained in order to confirm suitability.
- We will discuss your lifestyle habits and homecare skin protocol.
- Your Skin Practitioner will assess the severity of your acne and any scarring, and recommend the most suitable protocol to you.
What steps are involved in the treatment?
- The face is first cleansed with a salicylic acid wash to remove any makeup or debris from the skin.
- A peel prep is then used to prepare the skin for the peel.
- The peel is applied all over the face & the skin is kept cool with a fan.
- A second layer of the peel is applied and then a third if required.
- The skin is dried with a fan and then soaked in ice cold water.
- After 15 minutes the peel is removed.
- A high strength Vitamin C and oil free moisture are applied to the skin.
How long does the treatment take?
- A typical treatment session is approximately 30-45 minutes.
How does the treatment feel?
- Treatment is mildly uncomfortable but no anaesthesia is required.
- You might feel mild sting while the peel is activated.
- All of our patients tolerate the treatment very well and some find the treatment relaxing.
How many treatments are required?
- For optimal results, a series of Agera Rx acne peels need to be combined with Medical Microdermabrasion to help remove blackheads and diminish existing acne scars.
- A series of peels increasing in strength over a 2-4 month programme is recommended. We recommend a minimum of 6 treatments spaced out every 2 weeks.
- This programme will sterilise, brighten & reduce active blemishes.
- Tailored home care products recommended by the therapist should be used to enhance the clinic treatments.
Are there any possible side effects?
- This is a relatively safe peel to use with minimal irritation and side effects. The Agera Peels are non-glycolic and do not cause the upper layers of the skin to shed.
- There may be possible irritation and reddening of the skin.
- You will need to apply Sun Protection as your skin may be more sensitive to the sun.
- You may experience some flaking and dryness of the skin as a reaction to increased stimulation to the epidermal cell layer.
- The Agera home care products should be used to enhance the in clinic treatments.
- We will design & tailor an individualised home care programme for you.
- Agera products use cutting edge technology. The products mimic what your body would naturally do.
- The Agera product line is synthetic – it is not likely to cause Allergies & is suitable for the most sensitive skins.
- The particles in the Agera Skin Care Range are so tiny they can penetrate into the deeper dermis of the skin. Normal Skin care products are limited in the penetration they achieve into the skin because of their large molecular size.
- Current research shows that particles must be smaller than 600 micrometres to be able to pass through the stratum corneum into the dermis.
- Until now the smallest commercial particle was 1200 micrometres which is why existing skin care ranges fail to penetrate further than the outer layer of the skin.
- Whilst using Agera products you will notice a drastic improvement in the skin.
- The products contain 3 main ingredients – Antioxidants, Growth Peptides & Retinols. Healthy skin requires all these ingredients.
Deep cleansing Salicylic Wash
- Ideal for oily, problematic & acne skin. It is also suitable for congested backs and chest areas.
- This clarifying lotion cleanses the skin back to PH balance. It contains the maximum allowable salicylic concentrations & is non-abrasive & non-irritating.
Oxy Infusion Cream
- This cream is a stabilized 4.5% hydrogen peroxide which is designed to replace prescriptive Benzoyl peroxide creams or be used as part of an oxygen generating treatment.
- Can be used on the whole face or just blemishes.
Anti-Bacterial peptide cream
- Oil free treatment specially designed for oily/acne skin types. The product contains Lysozyme, an enzyme with anti-bacterial and the antimicrobial peptide stimulysin. This is effective against bacteria.
- The gel forms an invisible barrier moments after application sealing in moisture and protecting from environmental damage.
- Oil-free, fragrance-free and non-comedogenic.
Catalase Anhydro Gel
- This speciality treatment is a stabilized anhydrous product which contains the enzyme catalase.
- Helps with the destruction of peroxides due to high catalase levels. It helps to soften & exfoliate the skin.
- As a treatment, this gel is combined with oxy infusion cream. First, the oxy infusion cream is applied then the catalase anhydro gel is massaged into the skin till it foams. It has to be left on the skin for 5 minutes before washing off.
- The skin will feel instantly brighter and refreshed.
Oil Free Moisturiser
- Especially good for oily, and acne prone skins.
- It forms an invisible layer moments after application to seal in moisture and protect against environmental elements.
The term Acne refers to the process that can result in as little as one blackhead or to be as much as the severe cystic acne. It is a disorder of the skin’s sebaceous glands and is believed to be an inherited condition caused by a genetic defect.
Which areas of the body can Acne affect?
Over 90% of people with Acne have facial Acne, 60% have Back acne and chest Acne. Severe acne can occur on the face, back and chest.
What age does Acne occur?
- Acne starts most frequently at around the age of 12, with females starting earlier than males due to the earlier onset of puberty, however can appear as early as age 8 or 9.
- The peak acne years are 14-17 in females and 16-19 years in males. As many as 40% of females and 35% of males are affected during these years.
- Acne occurs due to increased levels of the hormone called testosterone, which occurs during puberty. The sebaceous glands are sensitive to these hormones, the glands produces more sebum which results in Acne.
- Some women even get Acne for the first time at the age of 30 or 40. There are many reasons you can break out as an adult. Stress or changes in your hormone levels like menopause or switching or stopping birth control pills are some possibilities.
- PCOS which is a hormonal imbalance can also cause Acne.
- In adults Acne can cause psychological problems such as anxiety and depression. Adults may be more conscious of their Acne because it is called a ‘disease of teenagers’.
Types of Acne
Acne is classified into groups based on treatment and increasing levels of severity and scarring.
|Grade 1 = Mild||Non inflammatory non-scarring acne with open and closed comedones only.|
|Grade 2 = Moderate||Inflammatory and noninflammatory non-scarring acne with open and closed comedones and some papules and pustules.|
|Grade 3= Severe||Inflammatory acne and noninflammatory acne with open and closed comedones and extensive papules and pustules.|
|Grade 4= Very Severe||Very inflammatory scarring acne and non inflammatory acne with open and closed comedones, papules, pustules, nodules and cysts.|
Acne can result in lifelong scarring and pigmentation abnormalities.
Pitted Scarring, Dish Shaped Scars
- Pitted acne scarring is deep and resembles the type of scar that might occur if the face were stabbed with an ice pick. Unfortunately this type of scar is very difficult to correct with cosmetic treatment.
- Dish-shaped scars are broader that they are wide and can be minimized with a variety of cosmetic procedures including dermabrasion, subcision, and the injection of fat or fillers.
- Acne can result in long-lasting colour changes of the face. This can be prolonged redness from intense inflammation or pigmentation from damage to the melanocytes. Especially in darker skin types acne can induce postinflammatory hyperpigmentation, which appears as brown or brownish-black spots on the face.
- This type of hyperpigmenation can be corrected with our skin peels and homecare treatment plan.
- If the acne lesion is highly inflammatory, the pigment can be destroyed, and a white scar may be present. It is not possible to re-pigment a white acne scar.
- Nodular and cystic acne can result in lifelong scarring, which results in uneven facial skin texture.
Although Acne cannot be cured, the major goal of treatment is to prevent permanent scarring and to decrease the redness and pigmentation that occur following healing of acne lesions.
- While a great deal is known about Acne, the primary cause still is not known and thus there is no cure for acne.
Overactive sebaceous glands
- There can be no acne without sebum and this requires an active sebaceous gland. Sebum forms a protective coating over the skin surface and preserves the skin barrier by preventing water evaporation from the skin surface to the environment. However, sebum is necessary for acne and the amount of sebum produced correlates with the severity of the acne.
- There are several factors that drive sebum production. One of the major driving factors is male hormones, known as androgens, which explains the increased severity of acne found in males rather than females. However, the androgenic balance is abnormal in 50-75% of females with acne. Some women have a hormone imbalance due to polycystic ovary disease, where the ovarian hormone production is abnormal.
- The excess sebum production clogs the openings of the hair follicles. Bacteria then grow in these follicles.
- The outer horny layer of the epidermis is usually dead. It is constantly shedding thousands of keratinised cells.
- We are unaware of it because the cells are microscopic in size.
- The surface of the face is covered with sebaceous follicles that are long hollow tubes not much bigger in diameter than a hair. The walls of the follicle are lined with the same dead cells that are on the outside of the face. Hence the same constant shedding takes place in the sebaceous follicle.
- Normally glue like substance, called intercellular glue, carries these dead cells to the surface where they are eventually shed. However, in people who are genetically prone to acne, these cells stick together in the follicle and cannot reach the surface and cause a blockage called micro comedones.
- At this stage the process is developing in the follicle only and the surface of the skin may appear entirely clear and unaffected. As the process continues, the blockage worsens and oils and bacteria build up. The bacterium subsequently excretes a nasty inflammatory acid by-product that leads to various acne lesions.
Open Comedones (Blackheads)
In order to accommodate the accumulation of dead cells and oils the follicle forces the opening wider and appears as enlarged pores or blackheads.
Should the opening of the follicle be closed, the blocked follicle will expand to accommodate the increasing accumulation of dead cells/oil/fatty acids/bacteria may progress into a papule/pustule/nodule/cyst.
- The follicle will continue to expand until it looks like a little bulging round ball. Follicles at this stage can only stretch so far and can be categorised as time bombs ready to explode. Stress, menstrual cycle, lack of sleep and other factors provide the trigger for the bomb to explode. This explains one of the reasons why the acne is frustratingly inconsistent.
- As the time bomb explodes, the contents of the follicle leak out into the surrounding tissue causing severe inflammation. After the infection has subsided, the severity of the lesion and the scarring of the skin depend on the size and contents of the ruptured follicle.
- The most severe eruption is the cyst that occurs when a follicle ruptures in the dermis to cause destruction of collagen and elastine leading to superficial scarring or deep pitting on the skin.
Why Consider Acne Treatment?
- Do you have to cake your acne skin with makeup daily?
- Are you so conscious that you can’t let anyone see you without your mask or makeup?
- Do you feel insecure in your own skin? Do you feel like you don’t want other people to be around you and you want to keep to yourself?
- Don’t become an introvert-related to your Acne. Don’t let Acne stop you doing things that you normally would do.
- We want you to feel better about yourself. Take Control its time for a Change!
- Get your self-confidence back with our 3 month Acne treatment plan.
Results from Acne Treatment
- Reduces the number and severity of active lesions, lessening the inflammation and frequency of acne breakouts.
- Clearer skin, the treatments will improve the complexion by reducing the scarring left by Acne and provide an even skin tone.
- Reduces the need to wear tons of make-up to conceal the spots and scarring.
- Gives you your self-confidence back.
Why choose us?
- We offer an individualised combined approach to treat Acne. Every skin is a little bit different and sometimes it takes more than one treatment type to get good results.
- We offer the most optimum light systems to kill bacteria causing Acne.
- We have seen over 40% reduction in Acne in 6 treatments.
- Most of our clients are referred to by friends and family.
- We offer the most competitive prices without compromising on quality.