No. of treatments
No real downtime
smoother, fresher skin
£50 per session
Book Free Consultation
Why consider Microdermabrasion?
- Anyone wishing for a more rejuvenated complexion
- Anyone with dull grey skin
- Light acne scarring and uneven skin tone
- Anyone wishing for a fresh new feel to their face
- Anyone who wants to maintain a good skin condition
Results from Microdermabrasion
- Skin feels smoother, softer, fresher.
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes.
- Makeup goes on better as the skin is squeaky clean and soft.
- Maintains the skin in good condition.
How our treatment works?
- Medical Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical treatment to remove and vacuum the outer keratin layer of the skin using medical grade crystals, Corundum powder, an extremely abrasive material.
- The technique uses a controlled jet of fine inert crystals vacuumed across the skin to remove dead and damaged skin cells. Because the skin surface is disrupted, cell division can occur which stimulates fibroblast activity leading to collagen.
- We combine the treatment with Vitamin C Peel to make the treatment stronger.
- This procedure will rejuvenate the skin immediately with no down time, although there may be some redness afterwards.
- We provide Medical Microdermabrasion with the Infusion Technique. After exfoliating the upper layer of the skin we apply a serum infused with the appropriate vitamins to ensure deep penetration.
- After Medical Microdermabrasion the skin is very receptive to nutrients – so we feed the skin immediately.
- Classic Micro 6 Sessions £240
- The treatment removes/vacuums the outer keratin layer of skin using Aluminium oxide crystals.
- It removes dead and damaged skin cells stimulating collagen production and rejuvenating the skin.
- The combination of Vitamin C peel, the infusion technique and pure Gold Mask makes this an excellent Rejuvenation treatment.
- Medical Microdermabrasion is a safe procedure which can be performed on Men & Women regardless of their Skin Type or age (although we require clients to be 16 or over).
- It can treat specific skin conditions or can be done as a facial to keep the skin in good condition as it promotes collagen and hinders future breakouts if done on a regular basis.
Certain Skin types and conditions can be negatively affected by the treatment.
- Anyone suffering from moderate to severe active acne. The treatment can spread the infection. Remember, Microdermabrasion does not stop acne although it can help mild cases. If you have Active acne the first step is to treat the cause of Acne – we can advise you on suitable treatments. Microdermabrasion can then be done to treat the damage acne has left on the skin, such as pitted Acne scars, hyperpigmentation marks and uneven skin tone.
- Dermal Pigmentation & Melasma: Microdermabrasion can make the condition worse in some cases.
- Severe Rosacea: The mechanical exfoliation can aggravate the condition and make it worse.
- Eczema/Dermatitis: The cells can be over stimulated which can lead to another outbreak.
- Suntan/Sunburn: It is not safe to treat recently tanned or sun burnt skin. You will need to start wearing sun protection, a minimum of SPF 30 everyday to protect the skin.
- Vitiligo: The melanocytes in the affected area stop producing pigment, microdermabrasion does not help in this case.
- Active skin infection: Such as cold sores, you will need to take an antiviral medication before commencing the treatment.
- Roaccutane: Anyone taking this drug cannot be treated during and for 6 months after using the drug.
Your Full Medical History will be taken at the Consultation to assess you suitability for the treatment. If there’s any contraindications we will not go ahead with the procedure.
- Prior to the treatment, you must first undergo a consultation where details about your medical history are obtained in order to confirm suitability for the Med Micro treatment.
- We will discuss your lifestyle habits and homecare skin protocol.
- Your skin practitioner will assess your skin and recommend a treatment protocol for you.
- Your skin is double cleansed & massaged to prepare it for the Micro.
- Peel prep is rubbed onto the treatment area to further remove any grease or debris from the skin.
- A 20% Vitamin C peel is applied to the area.
- Once the peel has penetrated, the skin is then sandblasted with Medical grade crystals to remove the stratum corneum (top layer of the skin). This will be repeated over problem areas.
- The Medical crystals are then rubbed into the skin and then wiped away.
- The skin is now ready for the infusion of a serum – an appropriate serum with vitamins is massaged into the skin.
- A tinted Sun Protection cream is applied before you leave the Clinic.
- Your Skin will be left soft, smooth & more luminous.
- A typical treatment session with the Vitamin C peel, Infusion techniques and 24 Karat Gold Mask is approximately 45 mins to 1 hour.
- The Med Micro procedure does not hurt, although it can feel scratchy, especially on bony areas.
- You might feel a slight stinging sensation after the procedure, this is cooled down with the application of a Mask.
- Nearly all our clients find the treatment very relaxing.
- Even though the results are visible after the first session the full treatment is done gradually over time.
- We recommend 8-12 sessions every 10-14 days.
- Some clients have the treatment on a regular basis because they love the results and it keeps the skin in good condition.
- Just like physical fitness, our skin needs an exercise programme to keep it looking young and healthy, regular stimulation of the epidermal layer aids in the production of new collagen and elastin formation.
- The Ultra-peel machines have been used in Europe and USA for several years without any significant side effects.
- The most common problem is a little discomfort during treatment on sensitive areas.
- Redness can be expected due to the physical rubbing and the suction of the hand-piece. Redness can persist for a few hours or the following day.
- Some dryness can occur after the treatment. This is due to the removal of the superficial layers of the epidermis and can be corrected by application of an appropriate moisturiser.
- You will need to protect your skin with a suitable sun protection cream recommended by your skin practitioner.
- You can only use mineral makeup on the day of the treatment.
- It is advisable that you use the products recommended to enhance the results of the treatment.
- You will be given an aftercare advice sheet to follow.
- The whole idea of removing the upper layer of skin dates back to 1500BC in Egypt. Egyptians would use sandpaper to smooth skin, so even they realised the importance of exfoliating.
- Now Microdermabrasion has become one of the top 3 aesthetic procedures in the world with beginnings in Europe in 1985 by Matiolli and Bruto.
- A year after the first Microdermabrasion unit was developed this method of mechanical exfoliation was becoming popular. Towards the end of 1992 a number of Microdermabrasion units started appearing on the market.
- In 1996 Matiolli Engineering & Partner applied to get FDA approval and this was granted for Microdermabrasion units.
- No make-up for up 12 hours, this allows the natural acid mantle of the skin to be restored.
- Remember that the new fresh skin that is exposed is delicate – Use SPF 30 sunscreen to protect the skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Keep the skin well moisturised, using a good moisturiser day and night – this will avoid any peeling and dryness.
- Keep the skin clean with PH balancing products – that means cleanse, tone and moisturise every day.
- Do not use any exfoliating products or products containing AHA’s for up to 7 days after Micro Treatment. These can irritate the skin.
- Avoid any waxing/threading/epilating for a week after Micro.
- If having Laser Hair Removal you need to wait 10 Days after your Micro – usually Laser Hair Removal on Face is done monthly so 1 Micro Session fits nicely in between your Laser sessions.
- If you have had a skin peel you need to wait minimum of 14 days before you can have Micro – otherwise the two treatments combined together can have harsh effects on the skin.
- Drink plenty of water to re-hydrate the skin.
- Avoid swimming for 24 hours.
- No sun beds or sauna for 48 hours.
- Your treatment should be repeated every 10-14 days until you have reached the desired result – You will attain healthier Skin after each and every treatment.
All the above measures ensure that your Skin looks its best and you get the most out of your treatments.
What Our Clients Say
12 Holmstall Parade,
36 Devonshire Road,
Maida Vale Clinic
4 Sutherland Avenue,