No. of treatments
1 – 6 sessions
£72 per session
Book Free Consultation
Why consider Laser Vein Removal?
- Veins also known as Thread veins, Broken veins, Spider veins or Blood spots can all be treated with our advanced Non-invasive treatments.
- These veins are the most common cosmetic concern. These veins can cause a lot of distress when present on the face or visible part of the body, and can add years to your skin.
- These unsightly veins can occur on the Face and Legs, and Blood spots can occur anywhere on the body.
- The benefits of removal can dramatically improve your appearance, you will be relieved of the embarrassment of carrying thread veins.
- Our treatments are superficial, effective, and have very low risk of any side effects.
- Results are almost immediate on the Face and results can be seen within weeks on the Legs.
- Get on your way to smoother, clearer vein-free skin!
Results from Laser Vein Removal
- Results are almost immediate on the face, although in some cases it can take a few weeks to see the results.
- Most of our clients report a high degree of satisfaction with the procedure and relief at no longer having to hide the veins under heavy make- up. Once the veins clear up the skin looks more even tone and brighter.
- Results on the legs are good for veins up to 1.5mm diameter.
- Leg veins lie deeper in the skin than facial veins so it may take some weeks before results are seen.
- Leg veins can be removed quickly and easily with laser leaving you with smooth pins, that you no longer need to hide under your trousers or tights.
How our treatment works?
There are 2 options for the treatment of vein removal:
- Laser Treatment
- Advanced Electrolysis
- Our Laser treatment is currently the most effective treatment available to remove veins.
- These veins respond really well to our laser treatment. Our Lasers have the capability to treat facial veins, spider veins and deeper veins on the legs with up to 90% success rate.The veins usually disappear immediately. The treatments are relatively free of side effects. Any redness or scabbing resolves very quickly.
- The wavelength of the Laser is absorbed by blood destroying the vessel and eliminated by phagocytosis.
- Our Advanced Electrolysis method is a great treatment option for darker skin and smaller superficial veins.
- A fine tiny probe is used to apply a small amount of heat to the unwanted lesion. This coagulates (cooks) the targeted blood vessel, destroying it. The body’s own defense system takes over to restore the skin. The healing process will start.
Why choose us?
- We utilise the latest Laser systems to ensure you are receiving the best possible treatment for your veins.
- Our Laser will give you quick visible results with minimum risk.
- Most of our clients are referred to by Friends & Family.
- We offer the most competitive prices without compromising on quality.
Before & After
Laser Vein Removal
- 3 Sessions £180
There are 2 options for treatment of Thread veins;
- Laser Treatment
- Advanced Electrolysis
- The key chromophore for vascular treatments is Haemoglobin
- Absorption of the laser wavelength by blood
- The blood vessel is heated up (coagulated) above 70C
- Thus heating the endothelial lining of the blood vessel wall
- And causing collagen contraction of the blood vessel
- Which is then destroyed
- Over a period of time, the blood vessel is destroyed and eliminated by phagocytosis (weeks to months).
- A sterile disposable needle is inserted carefully into the vein (upstream). The electric current produces a heating effect which instantly coagulate the blood. The treated area may turn white and therefore erythema will set in. There will be slight swelling. The body’s own defence system takes over to restore the skin. The healing process will start.
- Advanced Electrolysis is a preferable treatment option for darker skin types.
- Anyone who suffers from Thread veins, Broken veins, Spider veins, Blood spots on the face, legs or body areas.
- At your consultation, the Therapists will assess your veins and measure them with a vein card. If you are a suitable candidate for the treatment, a small patch test will be performed. This will enable the therapist to see how quickly the skin reacts and how quickly the skin heals.
- Firstly the areas to be treated will be cleansed. A picture of your veins will be taken so you can track your progress.
- The veins will be measured using a vein card to determine the diameter of each vein. This will allow to choose the most effective parameters for each of your veins.
- Each of the veins is treated individually using a very small spot size until the whole area is completed. The therapist will check to ensure clinical endpoints have been reached, veins have shrunk, disappeared or darkened in colour.
- The area is pre-cooled before, during and after the treatment using a combination of DCD or Air cool.
- Aloe vera gel, a specific ointment and sun protection is applied.
- We book the treatment in a block of 20 minutes. We treat as many veins as we can.
- A typical 20 minute session will cover an area such as cheekbones & nose or one part of the leg such as the upper leg or lower leg.
- You will feel a small amount of heat as the blood vessel is heated up and coagulates. The thicker & deeper the blood vessel, the more heat you will feel.
- We use a combination of DCD & Ice cooler to cool before, during & after the treatment. This alleviates any discomfort.
- Most of our clients tolerate the treatment well.
- Anything from 1 – 6 sessions depending on the size of the area and the extent of the condition.
- Face areas normally require 1-3 treatments, 4-6 weeks between treatments.
- Legs allow 8-12 weeks between treatments. Resolution of the vessel continues throughout this period.
- The thicker the blood vessel the more the treatments required.
- Yes both the Laser treatment and Advanced Electrolysis respond extremely well with up to 90% success rate!
- The area will be quite red after the treatment. They may be some associated swelling. Scabs may be formed in the treatment area and may take a full 2 weeks for the skin to completely heal.
- Please note that you can use mineral makeup or out Blemish Balm to conceal the skin whilst healing.
The healing process starts immediately, but the time of complete healing will vary.
On completion of the treatment, you can continue to apply a cold compress to the area and aftercare cream given to you by the therapist. The area should be left alone to allow for the natural healing of the skin. Scabs will form over the next 48 hours and should be left dry until they drop off on their own (over the next 10 days). Only mineral makeup can be applied after treatment and washing the area should be limited until the scabs have fallen off.
Over the next 10 days need to avoid the following:
- Extreme temperatures
- Makeup over the area unless its mineral makeup
- Harsh cleansers, toners, moisturisers
- Hot baths, swimming, exercise
- Bubble baths
- Hair spray, perfume near the area treated
What are veins?
- Veins are small dilated blood vessels. They can occur on the legs and are most commonly seen on the face, especially around the cheeks and nose of adults with fair skin.
- Veins are also known as Telangiectasia, broken veins, red veins, spider veins or red blood spots. These are tiny blood vessels under the skin which have become dilated. They can be superficial red veins or deeper purple or blue veins.
- They are usually harmless, however they are more of a cosmetic concern.
Face and Leg veins can be broken down into 5 categories:
1. Red Veins
- Red veins are normal capillaries, which have been on the skin surface due to enlargement or the thinning of the skin above them.
- These superficial vessels can be treated successfully, provided they are small and easily visible.
2. Thread veins
- When blood escapes from the capillaries, possibly due to damage, it can leave small red thread-like formation very superficially near the skin surface (top dermal and epidermal) and are very visible.
- Once the blood has escaped from a capillary it cannot re-enter the normal vascular system.
- Thread veins can build up over many years or appear due to sudden damage.
- They are easily treated, but further damage can result if the causes are not determined and removed.
3. Spider Nevi – (consist of red feeding dot with legs coming out)
- If the central vessel is depressed the lesion will blanch. These commonly occur on the face on the cheeks or on the back of the hands or forearms. They can commonly be seen on children or pregnant woman.
4. Red blood spots (Campbell de Morgan spots)
- These are small raised spots that most often appear on the trunk. They do not blanch when pressure is applied. They appear spontaneously and tend to increase in number in middle age. the cause is unknown but they respond well to both IPL & 1064 YAG.
5. Couperus Conditions
- When the capillary walls become dilated they can be more easily seen from the surface of the skin.
- A cupreous condition can be identified as a permanent blushing which shows the area to be pink or red, but not clearly defined capillaries. These vessels are usually found at the lower dermal or subcutaneous level.
- This condition is best treated with a Laser or IPL. Advanced Electrolysis is not indicated for this use.
What causes these veins?
- Weak valves – venous insufficiency
- Inherited factors – tends to run in families
- May occur during hormonal stages such as puberty, pregnancy, menopause.
- Birth control pills
- Steroid use
- Sun exposure & Photo-damage
- Injury/trauma to the skin
- Standing for long periods of time
- Overweight increases the likelihood of developing them
- Smoking increases the likelihood of developing them
- Extreme weather conditions hot or cold.
What Our Clients Say
36 Devonshire Road,
Maida Vale Clinic
4 Sutherland Avenue,
12 Holmstall Parade,