- Unique Layered Peel
- Reduces Inflammation & Redness
- Instantly calms the Skin
- Suitable for All Rosacea types
- No Downtime
No. of treatments
Calmer Clearer Skin
£95 per session
About The Treatment
Before & Afters
- Besides having a good diet and avoiding unnecessary stress you also need to consider skin care specifically for Rosacea which is essential to maintain optimum skin health.
- The sensitivity of the skin in Rosacea clients is influenced by many environmental factors such as climate, humidity, seasons, UV-radiation, frequent contact with water, solvents, soaps and mechanical irritations.
- We recommend the following Rosacea home care kits to calm the skin and enhance and maintain the results of your Laser/IPL treatments.
- The Rosacea kits are available for purchase at all our Clinics or available in our Online Shop.
Rosacea Calm Schrammek Kit
This kit Includes the following 3 products:
Super Soft Cleanser
- Calming silky smooth gentle cream cleanser effectively removes everyday build-up, impurities and makeup.
- Has a unique blend of nourishing emollients, containing shea butter and botanical extract that soothe and gently cleanse delicate and sensitive skin, whilst not overdrying.
Rosea Calm Cream
- Special care for sensitive, reddened skin.
- Anti-irritating care for skin prone to redness and inflammations. A vasoactive plant cocktail and a protective complex from balloon vine, echium oil and unsaponifiable parts of sunflower strengthen the skin.
- Green pigments conceal redness. Without perfume, without mineral oil, without parabens, without PEG-derivatives.
Optimum Protection Cream
- Multi-active protective care cream for all skin types SPF 20
- Essential SPF 20 UVA UVB also acts as an antioxidant moisturiser for all skin types, especially normal sensitive.
Rosacea Sensitive Kit
The Rosacea Sensitive Kit contains the following 2 products:
Don’t Be So Sensitive Cleanser
- Gentle soothing anti-oxidant cleansing wash to gently cleanse, soothe and protect the skin.
- Key ingredients:
- Panthenol – skin softener
- Allantoin – soothing for sensitive skin
- Lutein – Antioxidant protection & redness erythema
- Soothes and calms red and flushed skin.
- It is a medigrade cosmetic solution for skin recovery, it has the following:
- Anti-inflammatory effect
- Reduction in vasodilation, oedema and redness
- Anti-oxidant action
- Soothing effect
- Skin hydration
- The key ingredients in the product are:
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide 8 – Anti-Inflammatory
- Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin C & E – Antioxidant protection
- Raspberry, Chamomile & Green tea extracts – Antioxidant protection
- Oat Beta Glucan & Arnica Montana – Speed recovery
- Hydrolyzed algin, Hyaluronic acid, Glycerin, Allantoin & Olus oil – Hydration.
Mineral Makeup for Rosacea
Blemish Balm For Rosacea
- This is an all in one product that contains a physical sun block, moisturiser, mineral makeup and calming ingredients.
- Covering special care for reddened, irritated and impure skin.
- There are many BB Creams, but only one Blemish Balm – The Original! Available in 3 Shades. All in one Treatment Moisturiser, Sun Protection and Mineral Makeup.
- A special preparation for the care of irritated skin, reddened dry and blemish skin. The panthenol and bisabolol calms irritated and reddened skin.
- Redness and impurities disappear faster and can be optimally covered by the harmonized tints. It leaves skin softly matte with a pleasant, non-greasy feeling.
- Developed over 50 years ago Original Formula. All in one treatment moisturiser, sun protection and mineral makeup.
- Available in 3 skin shades to suit all skin colours.
- This 0.75% gel contains Metronidazole.
- Metronidazole has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial & antiprotozoal activity.
- Effective in the treatment of moderate to severe rosacea
- Clinically proven to:
- Provide a significant reduction in papules & pustules
- Reduce & control redness
- Reduce inflammation
- Be well tolerated
- Can also help in the maintenance of remission from symptoms of Rosacea
- How to use:
- Should be used in areas with inflammatory and red flare-ups
- Use for a minimum of 8 weeks on affected areas as a thin layer twice a day
- Avoid sunlight and use SPF 50.
- We use a combination approach to treat Rosacea. We will combine the following with our Laser/IPL treatment to further improve your skin and enhance the results from treatment.
- We will look at your diet, it is known that a high acidic diet can be a contributing factor to Rosacea.
- We will look at your lifestyle, any stressful situations can worsen Rosacea.
- The type of work you do, if you’re working outdoors without sun protection you can develop Rosacea.
- Homecare products you use can irritate Rosacea, so it’s important we introduce calming products specific for Rosacea.
- Vitamins and Minerals you can consume to help maintain healthy function of the skin.
- Light based treatments of vascular lesions deliver sufficient energy to the vessels in order to thermo coagulate the vessel with minimal damage to the surrounding skin.
- Following the treatment, the damage vessels are absorbed by the body and the skin appears less red.
- IPLs and pulsed dye lasers are excellent to use on diffused redness as they are superficial.
Techniques We Use
- Pulse Stacking, this involves stacking the energies. First shot oxyhemoglobin is converted into methemoglobin and metahemoglobin will be absorbed better by a second shot. This is a more effective treatment method.
- Paintbrush feathering techniques using Lasers delivering up to 12000 pulses to whole face per treatment.
- Our Treatment is suitable for most people who suffer from embarrassing red facial flush, however, best results are obtained for those with fair skin, and there is less chance of side effects.
- Anyone dark skinned above a Skin Type 4.
- Sun tan/use of sun beds and fake tan
- Healing disorders such as those caused by Diabetes Mellitus and lupus
- History of Keloid scarring
- Recent use of Roacutane
- Immune, lymphatic system disorders
- If you are on certain medications that make you unsuitable for laser/IPL treatment. In this case the client will be advised to come off the medication for several weeks before returning for the treatment.
- Your skin is cleansed with a gentle gel cleanser suitable for more sensitive skin.
- Goggles are put over the eyes and a chilled gel is applied to the skin to aid light absorption by the vessel.
- The light applicator is then placed onto the skin and a short pulse of light is released. The applicator is moved to the neighbouring area and the process is repeated until the entire area is treated.
- The gel is removed and skin cleaned up.
- The treated area is cooled to prevent residual burning sensation.
- A special Rosacea cream is applied to the face.
- A tinted Sun Protection cream is applied before you leave the clinic.
- A typical treatment session is approximately 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the area to be treated.
- The treatment is well tolerated by most patients although some find it unpleasant. Sensations vary but most describe it as a hot pin prick.
- The procedure is quite quick and there is no need for general anaesthesia.
- You will experience a similar feeling to sunburn after the treatment for 1-2 hours.
- You will need 6-8 treatments for maximum results spaced a month apart.
There are minimal side effects to these treatments although you may notice the following:
- A change in vessel colour; usually a darkening or a greying of the vessel (Coagulation)
- An irritated ‘cat scratch’ appearance
- Peri-vascular bruising
- The skin will be completely healed within 10-14 days.
- You will be given aftercare advice sheet which you must follow.
- Ensure you use a good quality sun protection cream and sensitive product range recommended to you by our therapist.
- You can only use mineral makeup day of the treatment. We would recommend switching to mineral makeup .
- We may advise you to make some dietary changes and changes to your lifestyle to allow for better results from treatment.
- You will be given an aftercare advice sheet to follow.